Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm beginning to sense a theme here...


I am becoming more aware at how straightforward a person I am; either that or I simply don't like the things that people say to 
get misconstrued. Again there I was reading an editorial about how a republican said one thing and how an assumed democrat
 completely ran away with it. 
 In Eileen Smith’s blog, in the Pink, she expresses her slight outrage that Mitt Romney referred to women as “binders”. 
Not just that but apparently he claims to “keep binders of women”? I watched that same debate that night and unless my 
cable provider was able to drastically edit the debate that I viewed, I am going to once again have to completely disagree with 
what a liberal is saying. 
 I, for one, understood Romney to say that he questioned the inequality shown in his cabinet and worked to get it fixed. What 
about thinking literally here and seeing binders as nothing more than a device to keep pieces of paper organized, pieces of paper 
that have individual women's information. Hmm, that seems to be a legitimate explanation for the phrase "binders full of women".
Ok, so maybe saying that you approached several women’s groups in search of some qualified candidates seems a bit silly.
(And by silly, I mean you’re trying too hard to impress some people.) However, in the grand scheme of things, does it really 
matter where one goes to ask for help? It shouldn't. The point that everyone should walk away from this remembering is how 
Romney was an advocate for women in the workplace. Now, whether these women earned just as much as the men is a 
detail that I am unaware of; so don't color me completely red just yet. 
 My biggest concern, or annoyance, is the pattern I’m seeing emerge. The one  where the conservative voices an 
opinion and then the liberal plucks a phrase out of that and twists it into something that suits them. I can't help but think 
that that’s all this other blogger has done, capturing the minds of other liberals and making them believe, even more, just 
how “evil” republicans are.

No comments: